Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Damp and Damper!

As Rach and I got up this morning, we both heard the very distinctive noise of Cork getting pissed on from above! We looked at each other, we had plans today, to go to the piercer/tattooist before work, and also pick up Rachie's phone from the service centre.

Having got ready to go, it stopped raining, so we made a break for it into the outside world. No more than 10 paces up the road, the heavens opened. Needless to say, after the rest of the 15 minute walk to the service centre, we were damp, to the point of saturation!

It was still a very productive day though, the phone is repaired and working once more. I handed in my example pics and spoke with the tattooist. He understood totally what I was after, and I'm now really excited about finally getting this tattoo done. I've been designing it in my head for about 5 years!

AND....

*drumroll*

I got my labret pierced! For those not in the know, that means I now have a small stud sticking out under my bottom lip. I was calm and collected, and I think the piercer was more scared than I was. I've been wanting to get it done for about 6 years, but have either chickened out, or not had the money, or the time to travel to the piercer. It looks really cool, my lip is crazy swollen (in a bee sting way that some women pay a fortune in cosmetics and surgery to achieve!) and eating and talking are a little odd at the moment.

I shall try and post a decent shot tomorrow, when it's cleaned up and not quite so gakky!

*bounces away*

1 comment:

Rachie said...

This was not fun.
This was not fun at all.
Sitting at work for 11 hours in damp clothes = not fun.
Looking like and feeling like a drowned rat while walking into the Nokia service centre = not fun.