Saturday, June 14, 2008

Constructive Saturday, Part 1

Since starting my new hours at work, I get a three day weekend. This sounds awesome I know, and for the first few months it was, but then I got into a rut. I'd spend the first day slobbing at home. The second day slobbing at home with Rach. The third day scrabbling around getting all the chores done ready to go back to work. This was not a good thing, my weekends are precious! Working 11 hour shifts means I have no "me" time during the week, it's literally work and sleep. So, lists are the answer. Lists, and planning, and being organised! I *had* planned to go into Cork today, browse around the shops, spend too much money, that kind of thing, but the weather rained all over that parade, literally.

So, instead, I jiggled things around on my list, and decided to start by tidying up the office.


This is my desk before I started. It's right inside the door of the office, just by the front door, so it tends to get dumped on as we come home. :)


Kobi decided to give a helping paw with the tidying!


This is my desk after the whirlwind sat down again. I have my favourite Yankee Tart on the burner (Fresh Cut Roses), a glass of cranberry juice, and a pile of photographs to sort through ready for scanning!

The hoovering still needs to be done in here, but until Rach wakes up I can't do that, so I get to spend a little time doing things for me now!

No comments: