Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New shoes!

I've always hated buying shoes, I have size 9 feet (UK size) and in general, ladies shoes stop at an 8. Very few are made bigger, and generally, the "old lady" styles, the kind you often see advertised in the colour supplement of the Sunday newspaper .. you know the ones I mean!

Anyway, since moving to Ireland, I have been rather blessed, the local cheap shoe shop (ie fashion styles that only last the season they're fashionable in, if you're lucky!) actually stock their entire ladies range in a size 9! I can buy any shoes I want, and cheaply, and I love it!

These are my latest buy, they're a lot like a pair of Vans I really wanted (but predictably couldn't get in my size) so I'm happy with that. They won't last, and I know they won't, but they only cost €20, so it's no real loss.

I'm also working on a small fun project, which is vaguely work related. We have a halloween fancy dress competition every year, and this year I'm in charge of making part of the costumes for our team. I need to find a way to create speech bubbles for each of us, and attach them to us. Requires some logical thinking!

No comments: